Monday, February 18, 2013

Love is in the AIR

This is a super simple more CAS card for me. I told you I have a hard time sticking to sketches. I am playing along with RetroSketches.
I't was a hard one for me since I wanted to combine it with The Alley Way Stamps Challenge which for me was natural tones with pops of color. It was kind of hard, but like the results.
I ended up using the Lighter than Air set. Which I am IN LOVE with! I haven't found a TAWS set that I don't like inking up yet. I used the hot air balloon and added my own dots and heart. I popped up the balloon, and one cloud with some pop dots. My pop of green is a button. LOL I know cheesy, but I think it just brings out the colors a bit. I wish you could see it in real life. The background is embossed also. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
eta: oops I forgot to say I used Trees Company from TAWS for the clouds (they are a favorite of mine, because you can use them as clouds or tree tops)

Playing along with
 
Less is More (up in the air)


Splash a little color on someones life today! -AJ

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my...this is a *gasp* How cute is this card! Love isn't only "in the air" - it's on the paper. The polka dots and little heart add such a special touch - and the cloud suspended off the edge - pure charm! It's clearly a "you" card, as well as being a rock-star take on both the challenges. Perfect (no cheesy from my perspective!). Thank you for sharing! Adding "Love is in the Air" to my TAWS list!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done a fabulous job combining the two challenges - and I LOVE how the card turned out :) It's funny how we all see things differently - when I first saw the photo (before reading your post), my initial thought was "how sweet to have put a button there!" It adds just a little extra and I love it! I also love how you doodled on the balloon with your white gel pen - it inspired me to create tomorrow's post ;)

    I totally agree with you about TAWS - LOVE THEM! The images are right up my alley - and the quality is excellent. I've only got five or six sets right now, but hoping to add to that very soon.

    Such a treat to come visit you! Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so sweet i'm really glad you found us and hope you join in again next week

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this card... I hope you'll join us on a regular basis from now on!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable!!! Love your take on the photo inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with TAWS Be Inspired Challenge :)
    Jessica
    TAWS~DT

    ReplyDelete